But.. an update on 40x40. So, I LOVE Instagram. My friend Renee turned me onto Jordan Page with Fun Cheap or Free and she talked about planning out your whole year. (I am also doing Focus on Finance this month with her budgeting ideas) You know I like to plan! So, I took my planner and put in when I could accomplish some of this list (realistically) within the next year.. and planned other odds and ends that she recommends.
1. Book and pay for a vacation to Ireland- This one might have to be on my 50x50 list as much as it pains me to say. I WILL do it though!!!
2. Take mom to New York- This is another one that might not happen this year, but hopefully in the next 5!
3. Take a trip to New Jersey- Another one that hopefully will happen in the next 5
4. Tour a vineyard- Goal is March 2019
5. Drive Route 66- SO.. this is one that I am talking to my parents about! Thinking maybe July or November 2019
6. Camp in a National Park- Girl Scout Troop 1810? Not scheduled yet
9. Float the River- Planning on June 2019
10. Go Skiing- I don't know if this one is feasible this year, but maybe in the next 5!
11. See the Grand Canyon- See number 5
12. Go on a girls weekend- Y'all.. this is being planned right now! So January 2019
13. Go fishing with my dad- See number 5
14. Take a wine tasting class- Planning on June 2019
16. Indoor skydive- Planning on February 2019
17. Learn to drive a stickshift-??? I need to find some friends that have stickshifts!
18. Renew our vows- So we are looking at doing this for our 15 year anniversary- but that would be 6 months after I turn 40
19. Have photos taken- I want to do this around the same time we renew vows
20. Host a game night- Goal is April 2019
21. Learn to crochet- Summer project!
22. Attend a New Years Even party
YAY! I just attended my first ever New Years Eve party this year!
|Thanks for the invite Marci!|
24. Write a poetry book- I don't know if I really want my poetry published- I think this was a goal because I needed 40 goals, but who knows what will happen this year
27. learn to make William's Death by Chocolate Crepes- Goal February 2019
28. Learn to make bread from scratch- anytime.. I love bread! I know that this will happen this year. I have been cooking so much more as it is!
29. Make a photo book of my photos- I am so going to have my own coffee table book this year!
30. Make a t-shirt blanket- Real talk.. I have SO many t-shirts.. I am looking into a place that can do this for me. I mean, I am crafty.. but I am going to be okay delegating this out.
31. Send birthday cards- I have been doing!
33. meet Bill Murray- He was in Dallas.. maybe he will be back.
34. Watch all the Liam Neeson movies- Haven't even started on this!
35. Do 40 Random Acts of Kindness- I am going to be honest.. I think I am pretty good at this anyway.. but I am going to do 4 intentional ones a month
36. Go to a drive in movie- Goal of June 2019
37. Get new luggage- this will happen when I get my traveling goals in gear.
38. Watch a meteor shower- Goal is May 2019
39. Be in a better place with credit- Guys, I have been working on this HARD.. I don't know if I will ever be to a place where I can say done though
40. Purchase a groupon and use it- I am going to have to use a groupon if I want to do all of these things!
So, my list is fairly doable in the next year.. there are some things that I am going to put off for a few years because, lets be real, doing activities cost money.
Have you set goals for yourself? How do you keep track? I hope your year brings one of adventure, laughter and love!