Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Read Across America Week- High School

It has been a minute since I have had a chance to share what is going on in the library.  January tends to always be such a wash (and we had some crazy weather) and in February I live and breathe Destination ImagiNation.  

But- if you are looking at a calendar you know that the first week of March is Read Across America Week. 

Being in High School Read Across America Week looks a little different (and participation always varies) Each day I have a different activity that students can do- BUT.. this time I have added in prizes!  

Prizes- chips/candy bars/possibly a soda- High schoolers love food.. and we have some good sales going on right now at my local store.

Ways students can get their name in the drawing:
-check out an eBook or Audiobook- all of our students have devices- so all they have to do is show me what they borrowed
-check out a physical book
-enter into the Bookmark Contest
-come to my Hot Chocolate Storytime 
-leave a review of any book

Each day I am posting on social media about Read Across America Week. You can find my daily posts here-----> CANVA LINK (thanks Canva!)

 

RAA24 by akbusybee

I also have a bookmark contest going on and you can find the Template for that here


RAA24 Bookmark contest by akbusybee

One more treat:
Last month we had Shannon McClintock Miller come to our library meeting and of course, I got SO many ideas!! I have started doing a monthly choice board that shares our resources.
Here is my March board- you can make a copy here------>

This is one of my slides on my TV that is outside the library and also printed and on my circulation desk.  


 
 I am always looking for ways to connect with my students and share our premium resources and reading.  My next blog is about the new program I just started- The Eagle's Nest.

What do you do for Read Across America Week? I am now also a Student Council Sponsor and next year I think I am going to have my kids help plan some dress-up days for Read Across America Week (if you are in high school... you know how much they love a reason to wear pajamas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment