Tuesday, August 8, 2023

The Library Where the Adventure Begins

 Year 22 is already in full swing! The kids aren't back yet, but I have been on campus since the end of July. 

With it being the beginning of school I like to do a little something for my staff to get them into the library. I saw this Tweet (I know that is not what is called anymore.. but that is what I am going with) from Abby Shapiro and I LOVED it!


I changed it up a bit to have teachers come to me.

Now- before I get too much farther:
-I planned for about 75 people
-ALL Staff was invited to stop by
-I purchased all of the items on my own
-The Gift Cards from Sonic for my giveaway- I purchased those as well

You can see my whole Canva here with each station- TEMPLATE


Cardwell Library by akbusybee

 I even made myself a cute shirt to go along with my theme... Library Where the Adventure Begins


So to make today work I had each content area sign up for a 20-minute time to come through the different stations.  Each station had information about the different things the library offers. I loved when the Social Studies Group came through they brought their computers and I had a chance to share our premium resources.


When staff signed in they were able to pick up a sticker (thanks Amazon) and a bag to fill with trail mix.


My trail mix stations did not have nuts.. because I am allergic.  I got all of the containers at Dollar Tree and I was super pumped that I found the M&M's on sale at Sams for $4.00







I can't wait to learn more from my district librarians and collaborate with the teachers at my campus!




No comments:

Post a Comment